|Other Finding Aid||For location information, refer to the Denver Public Library Catalog.|
The Denver Public Library purchased the Belvidere-Leadville Mining Company Records from Charles Apfelbaum in 1982. Mining collections processed with funding provided by the El Pomar Foundation.
The collection is open for research.
The Belvidere-Leadville Mining Company Records are the physical property of the Denver Public Library
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
[Identification of item], The Belvidere-Leadville Mining Company Records, WH522, Western History Collection, The Denver Public Library.
Number of Boxes: 1 (.25 linear feet)
PROCESSED AND ENCODED BY:
The Belvidere-Leadville Mining Company incorporated in 1907. The home office of the Company was located in Belvidere, Illinois. The Company purchased the Dauntless Lode Mining Claim and the Eureka Lode Mining Claim in the Horseshoe Mining District, Park County, Fairplay, Colorado from W. W. Degge of Boulder. As of 1909, the Board of Directors consisted of Willis S. Brown, President, Lou R., Johnston, General Manager, Fran L. Goodrich, George M. Marshall and Frank T. Moran, Secretary. Lou R. Johnston worked from his office in Denver, Colorado. The company struggled with financial difficulties. The records end in 1909 with no indication as to the fate of the company.
|SCOPE AND CONTENT||
The collection documents the start of the business including the ratification of its by-laws and the purchase of mining property and equipment. The documents span the years 1907 - 1909. The records contain Board of Directors meeting minutes and a ledger with stockholder names, number of shares and dates of stock transfers and purchases. Also included are correspondence between the Secretary and General Manager and financial papers such as receipts, stock prices and a statement of money spent.